Since this post originally was written, I’ve revamped the way I clean my bathroom. It’s safe, simple — and I love it. I’ve detailed it in my post, How to Safely Clean Bathrooms.
Even after searching for ways to naturally clean my home for years, I never heard of cleaning with citrus-infused vinegar until a couple weeks ago.
Where has this homemade cleaning product been all of my life?
In case you’re as clueless as I have been, here’s how you make it:
According to Estelle, an Accidentally Green reader, add citrus rinds, a couple whole sticks of cinnamon, and a few whole cloves to a Mason jar. Fill the jar three-quarters full with white vinegar. Add water to fill the jar. Cover the jar and place in a sunny spot for a couple weeks to a month. Pour the liquid through a strainer and into a spray bottle. Use the citrus vinegar as a cleaner. (The vinegar odor will be gone!)
I can hardly wait to try this natural remedy.
Readers’ safe bathroom cleaners
Recently I asked Accidentally Green’s Facebook followers to share their favorite safe cleaners for the bathroom. Many readers said they use citrus-infused vinegar. They use other methods, too. In case you’re looking for ideas to try, here are a few of their suggestions:
- A damp microfiber cloth to clean mirrors.
- Thieves’ essential oil to disinfect.
- Vinegar and baking soda paste to clean textured floors.
- Mrs. Meyer’s cleaners.
- Melaleuca products.
My safe bathroom cleaners
I’ve tried a lot of safe methods while cleaning my bathroom and have put a lot of thought into my methods. I’ve detailed my process in the posts:
- If You Watched Me Clean My Bathroom
- Discovering the Dangers of Bathroom Cleaners
- Do You Know the Safest Ways to Clean Your Bathroom?
- The Reduce, Reuse & Recycle Bathroom Challenge, and
- Make Your Own Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
How do you safely clean your bathroom?
Do you like what you’ve read on Accidentally Green? Don’t miss a post! Sign up for Accidentally Green’s weekly e-mail newsletter that includes links to all the week’s posts and exclusive giveaway opportunities. Become a fan on Facebook. And learn about some easy and affordable ways to make healthy choices by reading my eBook, Accidentally Green.
Latest posts by Hilary Kimes Bernstein (see all)
- Saying Goodbye to Accidentally Green - July 28, 2015
- The Day I Realized Healthy Choices Don’t Guarantee Health - July 21, 2015
- Avoid Synthetic Bug Sprays with All-Natural Repellents - July 16, 2015