Hi! I’m Hilary Kimes Bernstein. As a journalist, I was shocked to learn that I had unknowingly made unhealthy choices for most of my life. After doing a lot of research, I began making safer choices seven years ago.
The more I changed my life to honor God and benefit my health, I became greener and greener – quite accidentally.
I write Accidentally Green to encourage readers to make simple, healthy choices. During my own slow and steady process, I’ve learned that I can live a healthier life – and I haven’t made extreme changes along the way. I’m living proof that making small steps makes a huge difference.
Since I’ve done the research and tried hundreds of safe approaches, I love to make your life easier by honestly sharing what works for me – and what doesn’t. (I’ve shared my entire story in my eBook, Accidentally Green.) As a busy wife and homeschooling mom, I prefer things that are both safe and simple.
Because I think it’s important to write about what I know, I detail my own experiences and the changes my family has made:
- How we’ve tried to eliminate plastic from our kitchen.
- How we’ve switched from non-stick cookware.
- How I’m trying to curb my battle with consumerism.
- How I make my own mosquito repellent.
- How we refuse to give up toilet paper and switch to family cloth.
I love to write about cleaning products and personal care products. (When my two children were babies, I wrote an awful lot about safe products and practices for pregnant women, infants and toddlers – including my eBook, First Bites.)
You can expect a few posts a week from Accidentally Green. This year I’m focusing on safe and simple ways to make healthier decisions.
Be sure to:
- Check out some of my favorite Accidentally Green posts.
- Sign up for my free weekly newsletter so you won’t miss any of my content.
- Chat with me on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Find out what tickles my fancy on Pinterest.
If you have any questions or comments, I’d love for you to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can hardly wait to hear how you and your family are making healthy choices – and how you’ve changed your life to honor God, benefit your health, and are becoming greener.